Alejate speaks the truth. If room acoustics are the most important factor, and a speakers placement goes hand in hand with a rooms acoustics, and repositioning over and over is FREE, then you will more then likely find the sweet spot

People always say Def tech towers suck for critical music listening. I disagree! They are very picky as far as placement, but once you find "The" spot, it's audio heaven.

I experimented several hundred times it seems. Moving them away from the back wall in 2" increments wasn't fun. I originally had them at 8" from back wall. The rear mounted drivers were interacting in a negative way with the wall. They are now 34" from the back wall and WOW! I also moved them from 12" away from side walls to about 22".

I have them slightly tilted upwards, about 3/4 of an inch. And slightly toed in. These measurements more then likely will not work in your room, but it's a decent guideline to start off with.

Most people don't understand the theory of speaker placement, let alone have the energy to experiment with positions and acoustics.

Not only will you have found a better spot for your speakers, but you will have learned a valuable audio lesson that will stick with you forever

Good luck!

------------------
Play it LoUd!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/spoonmandts