Incognito, from my personal experience as well as what I have seen in other posts regarding the 950, the general opinion seems to be that the 950 is a very "crisp" sounding piece of hardware. Some people like it because they can hear additional details in the sound tracks now whereas before those details were lost in the "warm fuzzy". The lack of bass in your post sounds to me like you're describing the "booming" sound of "dirty bass" (for lack of better word). With "clean bass" you should feel it instead of hearing it and this may take some getting use to.

I am a big believer of breaking-in audio equipments so after about 100 hours or so, maybe you'll hear things a little differently. But for me, the 950 still retain that "crisp" sound. As a suggestion, I would use an analog sound meter from RadioShack and make sure the sub is setup correctly and depending on the type of speakers you have make sure you've selected the right crossover setting for your speakers. If you had your speakers set as Large with the Marantz before and now it's cutting off at 80Hz, then of course you're not getting as much bass as before. So play around with it and see what's best for you. Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by mxy15 (edited September 02, 2003).]