Howdy all,

Last night I received my 950/7100 Combo, and decided to audition it. I was using a Marantz SR-19 A/V reciever before. The first thing I noticed when comparing the two systems was that the 950 didn't have the "warmth" of the Marantz. It was much more crisp, however. The warmth that I am referring too almost sounded like a lack of bass in all of the speakers. Not pounding bass, but the sutle sound that keeps a scene from sounding like it is full of treble.

Since I haven't ever had seperates, and yesterday was the day I got them and tested them, I have a few novice questions. Will the sound change over time (break-in) on the 950? Is there anything that can be done to "warm" up the sound, like using the bass boost in the configuration menu, or setting the crossover frequencies for the center, mains, and surrounds lower (they are set to 80 Hz right now)?

I have been reading in this group for a little while now, and you all always have good advice to offer. I would greatly appreciate any advice that can be offered on this topic.

Thanks in Advance!