rac4,

For the record, I never experienced any of the "popping" you describe with my 950/755 combination. But the lock on signal delay was very noticeable.

Now that I have a Lexicon MC-8 there is no longer a "delay" problem. Specifically, on the SHREK "play" command you mentioned, I can clearly hear the first pig saying "Play the Movie". In fact the lock on signal has occurred well before he (it?) even begins to speak.

I don't know whether the MC-8 has improved on the MC-12 in this respect (lock on delay) but I can assure you that it is not an issue. FYI, I used a Denon 2900 DVD player to run this test and maybe that also has something to do with my results? Lots of variables here.

Speaking of variables, let me add that once I placed SHREK into my player to check on your findings with your Lexicon I found myself watching this addictive movie once more. And I have to admit that even though it's been a while since I've listened to this DVD I found the DD 5.1 presentation enhanced with Logic 7 to be a real ear-opener.

What a great sonic experience. Not a valid A/B test, of course, but something that just jumped right out at me (using the same amps as I had in the system with my 950 in the past.) More grist for the mill.

------------------
RAF

My HT (latest update 07/27/03)
Now includes my Runco CL-710 DLP FP
and Lexicon MC-8

My HT - Updated 05/29/07