Quote:
Lexicon makes great products. No disputing that at all. Outlaw however, makes products of much greater value - in my opinion.

Jeff,
I agree with your statement. We are on the same page here. I've touted the value of Outlaw products for a long time here (and taken quite a bit of flak from some people for this!)

Where we have divergent opinions is whether or not it's sometimes worth it to spend extra money to get an improvement that is probably not as great as the additional cost. Not everything is linear and everyone is entitled to spend their money the way they see fit.

In the case of the Lexicon I chose to treat myself and I'm not sorry. And I can't defend my choice on a "bang for the buck" platform. The MC-8 offered me something that the 950 (and a lot of other units) didn't - and that's what I was talking about when responding to chulonga's inquiry.

If everyone purchased equipment based solely on price : performance then there probably wouldn't be any Lexicons or Krells or numerous other "boutique" labels. But that's another topic entirely.

------------------
RAF

My HT (latest update 07/27/03)
Now includes my Runco CL-710 DLP FP
and Lexicon MC-8

[This message has been edited by Robert A Fowkes (edited September 03, 2003).]

My HT - Updated 05/29/07