Actually just to balance the equation a little more, Outlaw's customer service kicks butt all over Lexicon.

There is a small but nagging issue for a small percentage of MC-8/MC-12 owners. If you set the display brightness to anything other than 100%, it buzzes. For example, at 50%, I can hear the buzz at my listening position, about 8 ft away. If I set it to 25 or 75%, the distance of audibility drops to an acceptable 2 ft. (I have mine at 75% now, even though I'd prefer 50%.)

So far, here is Lexicon's official response:

http://www.lexicon.com/kbase/answer.asp?qid=3535

I was OK with this for a while. But I have personally decided that for $6k list, this is unacceptable. So I'm trying to see what Lexicon will do for me behind the scenes.

We all *know* what Outlaw would do... I would have a replacement unit to try within days to compare to the original. (There is a known variation among Lexicon pre/pros in that only a few people have noted this.)

So it will be curious now that I have escalated this a little, to see what happens...

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!