Hello Everybody!

I've had many people listen on my 950 system in the last few months. Most of them prefer stereo playback over the other processing modes like DPL II or DTS NEO, at least on my system. Soundhound himself visited last year, and listened to many many soundtracks over the course of a very pleasant afternoon. We listened at that time to pop and country and classic and as well as some of his own recordings. He preferred regular stereo to either DPL II or DTS NEO. In some cases (as with the classic symphony) playing back in stereo sounded more like one would hear in an actual concert. In other cases (as with a modern techno album) the recording engineers he said added psycho-accoustic material deliberately to the two tracks for effects, and those effects sounded more compelling in stereo playback than in DTS or DPL II playback, which wasn't able to decode the effects as well as stereo playback could decode those effects in a real listening room (or rather, in MY real listen room), particularly when played loudly enough to let the sound disperse around the listening room.

Soundhound and others, may feel free to add their own version of the experience.

Best,

Will