Quote:
Originally posted by Philip Brandes:

But if you were somehow able to get an "uncompressed master" into the Lexicon for comparison purposes, would you please explain how you did that?

The Lexicon processor (professional) had inputs to accept an AES/EBU bitstream from a digital audio workstation for the demo I heard.

Sorry to disagree with you, but I just think that post processing sounds bad to me and spoils the engineer's intent in a film mix. Sometimes I am a music engineer on a film mix and I know what my intent was better than Lexicon or other silicon device. There are no "hidden cues" put into the music mix just waiting to be unlocked by Logic 7. Considering how much a film's mix is agonized over, don't you think that if something were missing that Logic 7 could "fix", that this would be done during the mix by less arbitrary means? And if Logic 7 processing is as you say, added during a film's mix, wouldn't using Logic 7 at home constitute double processing of the same material? The music's soundfield is definately not created artifically - I know this because I am at the orchestra recording sessions and know how it's recorded and mixed. Everything possible is done to make sure the music is not changed.

If you and Mi Casa like Logic 7, great. Just please don't try to trample my opinion because I question somebody's "sacred cow". To me, a properly set up system sounds better without modifications to the sound. For me, it's a question of why bother trying to get the best sound equipment possible, the best cables, the best amplifiers and speakers if i'm going to filter it through some process that changes it?

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited July 30, 2003).]