Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Mackwood:
I've owned a Lexicon product with Logic 7 (a CP3+) before, and while I'm sure that Lexicon has evolved that technology many steps since, in my mind it was never a particularly strong draw.
LOGIC7 wasn't introduced till the DC-1. NONE of the CP series processors (including the CP-3+) had LOGIC7. In fact, prior to the release of the DC-1, Lexicon's ambience extraction modes were limited to only 5 channels, not 7 (they still used 7 speakers, but the side speakers duplicated the signal of either the Front L&R or the Rear L&R - user's choice). L7 was different from the ambience extraction modes on the CP series because it actually extracted 7 distinct channels of content, as opposed to 5.

LOGIC7 has gone through many versions over the years (with some newer versions sounding worse than the ones they replaced). But it's come a long, long way since the DC-1; and it continues to evolve. Even the version Robert is listening to on his MC-8 is a significant improvement from the L7 that was on Lexicon's flagship model MC-12 when it was first released.

You can't really judge the surround processing available on the MC-8 by listening to the older DC/MC models, let alone go by the CP series processors. That's like responding to someone praising PL II on the 950 by saying your that the Pro Logic mode on your old receiver left you feeling it wasn't a "particularly strong draw". Fact remains that LOGIC7 is the number one reason for buying Lexicon processors.

Best,
Sanjay