Congrats on the very nice upgrade, RAF. It sounds like a great step up. The fact that the improvements seem to focus mainly on additional features and flexibility goes a long way to reinforce your greatly-appreciated feedback during the 950's beta testing. And if you are going to step up from the 950 for additional flexibility, the MC-8 seems like a first-rate way to do it. Enjoy!

The signal acquisition delay can be a pain -- I finally tracked down a digital cable box that provides a digital audio output for all channels (Pace Micro DC-510), but when shifting between formats (not every channel, but when you went from a channel with a native digital signal to one with a PCM digital output generated by the box) the pause drove my wife nuts. We're leaving it in analog mode in general, but I do switch back to digital when it's just me.

Quote:
"dog and man bite each other - no clear winner declared."

Hmm.. That's a pretty good way of putting it, Jeff. Or perhaps, "apples and oranges both taste good?" Seriously, I appreciate RAF's comparison of the two -- there is obviously a great deal of disparity between the two units, but it is still interesting to hear.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review