Yes Kevin, the difference for the surrounds was off by 2db, the 950 was higher than the test disc. The difference between my fronts and surround is quite apparent and ears can definately hear this difference of 2db. The reason I originally asked the calibration question was to set my system up the way the software manufactures intended their dvds to be reproduced. However, since using the disc's tones for calibration I can tell a difference but not sure if I like it. Things I use to hear in the background on LOR, for example, have gone from occasionally focused to dispersed with just this 2db decrease. Is this the way it was meant to be heard? I just don't know yet, have to get use to hearing my movies like this for a while. On a side note, could the original question of this thread about the dialogue sounding muffled be from either setting the system with too much bass turned up or having the sub turned up too high? I ask this because when I was re-calibrating my system I saved the sub for last and discovered that with it set too high the dialogue was indeed more difficult to hear. Just a thought.