I know I'll get Flammed for this Not here, and I would not dare, after all do not the least and greatest of us often have Bose in the woodpile.

Just kidding I’m all for those who love whatever their system may be. There are many paths and so few lifetimes to explore audio

You bring up a titillating point, maybe SH and the like (professionals) would have some thoughts on the topic. Could it be that your experience with the “Bose Lifestyle” Vs 4 other front ends due to limited frequency response does not ‘pass through’ enough fullness of range from recordings that can muddy dialogue? (And tentatively here) at times HTIB like “Acoustimass” avoids issues of badly uncomplimentary paired speakers, timber-matched speakers, and other interactions, which might need tweaking for optional performance? (Although I’m not too sure if an “acoustimass” set of speakers could be considered timber matched in the strictest sense of the word…just……like unto each other )

I think I understand what your worries are, and what you are trying to inquire into, - and would highly recommend the 950, which handles dialogue beautifully and believe me when I state, very often those who HEAR what the 950 passes through, and what new life it breaths into old collections feel amply repaid, for any occasional tweak on choice of SM, CC Trim, or for the few problem disc/feeds and issues to overcome.

I know I much prefer it over Yamaha, Marantz, Denon, Pioneers etc I have heard. I’d give it a demo and see what you think.

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited June 18, 2003).]