That may just be with certin software titles all.....I guess everyone expirence this at one point or another, regardless of the $ amount of their gear.

I've been thru 5 different set-ups (Recievers & Speakers) over the last(9)years. The Highest quality Center would have to be my Klipsch RC3II, My JBL Ncenter coming in at second (both have this problem). The Other speaker aren't even worth mentioning. But, One and I know I'll get Flammed for this.....and I don't care....The Original Bose Lifestyle 12 set-up we had. It never had problems with dialouge. I later sold it cause found many of the complaints that People have about Bose to be true (bass shy, crappy music playback etc etc....and Then The 12 didn't have that "NEW Standard AC-3 Digital" that was due out.

Anyway I think I have two pretty decent center channels. That's why I was starting to look at upgrades. One Company I've Read That does really well in this area, would be Yamaha New Line Of Recievers. They have that eq or center level thingy going on. I've also read that their electronics are actually set-up to produce dialouge better for there language over there in Japan..yada yada et....

I still may order the 950 regardless. As Oaf pointed out there are a ton of new features out since my Pioneer was created. Gotta figure which is more important to me right now a 2ch pre or AV pre.

Thanks for all the comments,
2B