Calibration makes such a difference! (if you have never) in seamless sound and can (depending on CC dB setting in relation to the rest of your channels really reduce the severity of that problem.) But (whoops) as G and SH pointed out, it won’t help on certain discs and Broadcasts.

If after getting the 950 could I finally put My remote down and just enjoy the show. No More Darn Up Down, Up Down????

When what SH and G are referring to is going on..
There is a trick to try, which can sometime have a net positive. Ever watched a WHOLE movie when the volume is just muffled by everything else? Try bumping up your center channel trim for that particular time period you have the problem (just note your original setting to go back to.) This can in certain scenarios reduce how much volume <> manipulation you have to apply.

Will not always work, depending on what else (besides dialogue) is recorded in the CC. Since your just increasing the volume of the CC in relation to your other speakers, can’t help much if what’s muffling your dialogue is duplicated in your CC. When all of it isn’t’ this can help reduce the issue so that dialogue rises to a clearer level.

Just something which has worked for me occasionaly!