When properly calibrated

Dialogue is great through the 950, (my favorite descriptive word for the unit = transparent)
Calibration is very important for separates. (I've found it to be more so than with receivers for some strange reason) When I received my first 950 I was running Def Techs CP100’s with matching center, When I added my Beethoven mains I ran the Def Tech center for a week till I broke down and ordered the matching VA Maestro. The Maestro was noticeably difficult to distinguish quieter Dialogue before calibration compared to the ‘shriller’ DT center. Dramatic difference on the night my shipment came in and I picked it up, - my husband stopped a movie to switch the centers out …but the kids being in the middle of a BB rental, they howled over me calibrating. (They don’t care they just turn dB up for everything!)

Bugged the heck out of me till I could get the meter on it.

Calibration makes such a difference not only on your soundstage, but dealing with issues like too forward/ or muffled dialogue through center and mains. This does not avoid the director (or sound mixer) who like to have you leaning forward in your seat for a whispered conversation between two characters (b vary vary qyiet!) (just before the bomb goes off and hits your sub!)

But yes I find Dialogue very well translated, very clean (after Calibrating for speakers) through the 950.