I feel funny talking about this, after jumping all over Mike for his comments, but my objective, which was to say there is little in common with KMart and Outlaw remains the same.
Last week I was given an offer in regards to the price drop since I purchased a 950 just four days prior to the announcement.
Outlaw had me call them and made me a rather generous offer which was a choice of a credit refund, or more credit for a future purchase.
Then I get an email yesterday, stating that since I took advantage of the family discount, and that is no longer in effect, they will just refund half of the amount. No more for future purchases was mentioned.
Now, by itself, this is still a fair offer. What upsets me is the saying one thing and doing another. Obviously, they made a mistake and pulled back since I already had a family discount. Well, come on, they just said the family discount no longer existed, but if they can pay out less money I guess it still comes into effect.
Ok, Ok I am being a little testy about it. They are giving me some money back and I appreciate that.
But when a company errs in a policy decision, it should always err on the side of the customer. And I told them that straight out.
Am I pissed? Not really, I have a quality pre/pro and thanks to one discount and a refund, I saved some money. But would have liked the option on future purchases.
It is not always whether you do the right thing or the wrong thing, but 'how' you do it that can leave a lasting impression.

[This message has been edited by DaleB (edited June 19, 2003).]