Quote:
Originally posted by Mikehdtv:
If I was in my 30 trial period the thing would be on the next UPS truck. I bought into Outlaw because I thought they were a different company. They haven't won any loyalty from me with this move.

Mike

Mike.

How else could they have done so? I mean a price change is a price change. How could anyone expect it to be done?

If you buy into a product at its listed price, you have accepted it for what it was worth. The fact that a few weeks later it dropped in price is moot. My point still stands, if the price went up by $100 within 30 days then by your logic could Outlaw ( or anyone ) not demand to charge your credit card an extra $100? What would be the difference? I am sure had it been this way, those who bought it at $899 would say. " That's too bad Outlaw you agreed to sell it to me for $899." So why should it be reversed at a lower price?

The price of gas for our cars can go up or down in price daily. If you bought your gas for say $1.50 gallon and the next day it was $1.40 a gallon, would you scream for the difference back?

Sorry but I hear that we live in ( sort of ) the free market world, and with free markets comes the right to raise or lower prices as need be. When one buys say the 950 at $899. That day they got it for the best price they could. If tommorrow or a week later it drops in price, well is nobodys fault but a snapshot at this socalled wonderful free market all too many people CHEER about!

Look I am not trying to be a jerk, but I know that pricing is a subjective thing and something that remains in FLUX, If you buy the 950 at $899 it was obviously a good enough deal for you to do so. The fact that at a later date one could get it for $799 really does not matter and should have NO impact on loyalty. Outlaw is a business like any other. It needs to sell through stock and make a buck or two to survive. Charity need not apply in business. Early adopters always pay the most for the privilage to be the first on the block owners of anything.

Just my added 2cents.

P.S. It would be Outlaw's PRIVILEGE to price protect anyone within the 30 trial period. It may be a wise thing for them to do so if only to keep any hassle of possible returns to a min. But it is not a customers right to demand such. Remember though even if they were to do such a nice corporate thing, what of the guy who is 31 or 32 days past, now they are pissed off. Where does it stop then?

PLEASE NOBODY BITE MY HEAD OFF OK?

[This message has been edited by Time_Stands_Still (edited June 08, 2003).]