Just an FYI.

There is no real reason why anyone should be upset at any price drop. I hardly doubt Outlaw wanted to screw anyone over ( BTW I have yet to purchase any products from Outlaw, but they are a brand I am looking at )

Life is like that folks, I worked in the electronics industry for 5 years and price drops of such are common place. Look at those who bought Playstation 2 for $300 USD and then a $100 USD price drop came. We are talking about electronics and they almost always drop in price over time. There are generally two reasons for this.

1: Market share has been reached and a price reduction will allow the company to keep moving product. Not a bad thing even for those who paid a higher price as you generally have had more time to enjoy the unit while others have yet to enjoy such.

2: The industry moves forward and new products come out or are coming out by all manufacturers and the compnay wants to sell through so it is not left with a wharehouse of higher priced less competitive products.

Personally I believe Outlaw should have dropped the price of the 1050 but $50-$100USD only because the market is now saturated with 6.1 and 7.1 receivers. The 1050 is still a superlative H/T receiver but its edge in pricing has all but gone.

The 950 is still on the leading edge but obviously Outlaw wants to sell through the 950 to keep its market share. Remember for most Outlaw owners ( or any higher quality brand ) ownership generally brings you brand loyalty. Outlaw has made obviously good profit ( not a bad thing ) on the 950 and now wants to saturate its market segement, hopefully bringing it more loyal customers.

As for those who feel slighted... DON'T this is life in a socalled free market. Everyday in life we see price fluctuations. If the price whent up by $100USD you would feel like you made out like a bandit ( OUTLAW TALK ..LOL) But what if Outlaw said to you "Hey we know you just bought your 950 for $899 a month ago etc. but can we bill your credit card an extra $100 bucks because the price went up?" What would you tell Outlaw to do? Yes, we know your answer. So why should Outlaw who even at $899 are offering you a great product ( or you would not have bought it ) give you $100 back? There is no reason for them to do so. It's business and they are not screwing you around ( NO!I DON'T WORK FOR THEM! ... LOL )

Look at it this way as Outlaw sells through product, it will be able to bring new products at still good prices in the future and your next purchase from them might be a better and/or cheaper product for what it may offer you and that folks can't be too bad!

[This message has been edited by Time_Stands_Still (edited June 08, 2003).]