Thanks to those who have already responded…….. I am just trying to get a feel of other users……….. I did come across a old Outlaw newsletter stating some video problems, but in reference to conversion mostly.

To give a bit more detail of other equipment surrounding the 950:

Monster Cable AVS 2000 voltage stabilizer
Monster Cable HTPS 7000
Monster Cable M-Series Audio, Speaker and Video Cabling
Panasonic 32” Monitor
Hughes Sat Receiver
ReplayTV Hacked DVR
JVC Super VHS
Audix Nile 20 Left Right
Audix Nile 10 Surround
Audix Nile 5 Surround Back
Bohlender-Graebener Radia X1 Center Channel
Onkyo DV-SP800

And……..oh yeah……… Outlaw Model 770

So far sonically I have no complaints……… in fact even in the much demonized stereo play back (with out being in bypass) it sounds wonderful (yes, in bypass the field opens up even more and with more detail)…….

My back ground is in pro audio (not as much as some who post on this boarad)……. And I was expecting to be “just” satisfied with the audio portion of the 950……… but to my surprise I am quite pleased. I believe one would have to spend quite a bit more to achieve any real gain in audio section of this piece.

I am a bit surprised in the obvious differences in the video quality between the two units. And I will ask for a third unit after I get back from a convention next week…….. but over all I want to express my pleasure (even though having to hook, unhook and rehook…….and the future unhooking and rehooking…….……) with the Outlaws so far.

This is a labor of love…….. I think most of us are searching and grasping for the final inch out of a mile……. We are looking for that one texture on one note on one solo…… or to but it another way………. “……in search of the lost cord”……. ;-)

Thanks for everyone’s input and ideas……..

------------------
"In Search Of The Lost Cord"