Hello all, brand new Model 950 owner here:

My cable provider (Time Warner) has provided me with a set top box that has digital coaxial and analog audio outputs. About half of the 500 channels have both a digital and an analog audio signal. The other half have only an analog audio signal.

Is it possible to set up the Model 950 source input for Video 1 (the cable box) to first use the coaxial 2 audio input, and if no signal is found, use the analog audio input? My older preamp (Pioneer 811) did this.

Unfortunately as far as I can tell, with the Model 950, if I set up the Video 1 source input to automatically select coax 2 audio, then some channels have no sound until I manually switch to analog. If I leave the source input set to analog, I forget to manually select digital and miss out on the Dolby Digital sound that I get with HDTV channels.

Of course, the spouse requires the simplest setup so I usually leave it to analog. Any way to make the 950 choose digital audio first, and if non, choose analog audio? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, Dan Becker