Lately I have gone Outlaw crazy....I sold my 1050 to a new Outlaw.....then I grabbed a 950.....then a handful of Outlaw PCA cables....and now just recently a trio of M200's (these things rock, by the way....I love my Parasound 85wpc amp, but the 200's are amazing). Okay....so now I now just picked up a couple more Paradigm Mini-Monitors off Ebay to add to use, I guess, as rears. (I already have two mini's that I'm using for surrounds.) I've gone through the 950 manual to try and understand the concept of Dolby Digital EX and DTS-ES, but I'm unclear as to whether I can just use one center surround, or if I need the pair. I have enough channels of amplification, but I only have my room wired for one more speaker. I don't want to mess with running another wire for at least a few months, but I'm unclear as to whether the 6th and 7th channel have the same information, or if they have different information. Can I just hook up one of the speakers for now, which would make for a 6.1 configuration, and then mess with the 7th later on? If so, does it matter if I hook it up to the R or L rear surround output on the 950? And is 6.1 all I need to run the EX and ES modes?
Thanks
7075 Amp
950 PrePro (2003-2010)
975 PrePro (2012-Present)
Outlaw ICs (2003-Present)
M8 Subwoofer (2011-Present)
???