Quote:
Originally posted by steves:
Hi Kevin-- I just checked it again- turned on the system- selected my wifes' tape player as a 2-channel source. I then went to DIRECT 6-CHANNEL BYPASS and played a MC SACD which worked normally. My 950 is from the first batch and is a "no-dot" version. Yes, I have done the eprom swap. Best wishes..

same here. just hit 6 channel bypass (going from a CD in 2 channel bypass)...no sweat.

since i virtually never play CDs, i haven't paid much attention to the situation, so i tried it last night...same as steves... original batch, no dot, hiss @ 18", no LFE in DTS-ES (which works as i want it in my setup, so i'm not doing the fix).

please note that steves may have something in the dvd-a comment. kevin, maybe you can verify that, as you have a uni player.

DB...where's the beef??? been anxiously awaiting your 2900 thoughts!!

i'm a DTS fan (DTS-ES, DTS, DTS-CD), and avid SACD multi-channel fan. for these, my system sounds exceedingly good. it would take $10K in upgrades (i've auditioned many speakers, players and pre-pros) to realize a next-level improvement in sound quality, so i'm stayin' put. i've passed on the various version exchanges and fix cause i ain't gonna fix what ain't broke.