How it sounds? It sounds quite good. The biggest difference is in the surround department. I think I hear more information through those speakers than when in PLII-M. I also hear more hiss, albeit, only when up close to the center and surrounds.

After listening this way for sometime last night, I've reverted back to only a digital coax and stereo analog connection, as I don't think the difference is worth all that spaghetti back there.

I really like the way the digital stereo sounds actually. I A/D'd the analaog and digital stereo and found it very difficult to tell which was which after awhile, as I did not know after awhile, which setting I was on. When I used the Denon 3803, I could tell the difference, the analog was cleaner. The 950 is clean both ways.

What I am surprised at is that the 770 stays only warm, whereas my 950 is more than warm and dare I say hot. The shelf above it feels hot to touch. I'm concerned about this. Is this normal? I've read other threads where folks say they only get warm. Why does a preamp get so hot? Isn't it mainly maid up of chip boards, whereas the amp is the baby that should smoke?

Later folks, I have to get off my duff now and build my Shiva sonotube sub. I'm afraid of my new router!

------------------
dian