Hi All:

This is my firt post. I just received my 950/770 combo yesterday. Have it hooked up and it sounds quite nice: clear, flat, and detailed with good oomph (sorry, not very audiophilish terminology). I'm replacing a Denon 3803 that I purchased in January of this year (anyone know someone who wants to buy one?)

The Denon had a feature called "pure direct" that bypassed the digital circuits in stereo mode. I liked this for listening to most of my music. With the Denon, in pure direct, you could listen to the two fronts coupled with the subwoofer or not (if you disabled it in the setup).

I can't seem to get the 950 to allow me to do this. It only allows me to use the stereo bypass mode into the two front channels without the subwoofer. I have Axiom M80ti's in the front. They're good for most music, except I do listen to some music that goes lower than 30 Hz, like organ music and would appreciate the subwoofer during these times. Also, if you used a small speaker/ subwoofer combo for your main channels, you could not use stereo bypass mode because you would only then have the small speakers operational without the low end of the sub. Maybe I'm missing something. I could not find any help in the manual regarding this.

Can anyone offer any suggestions, or perhaps there is another pre/pro out there that allows one to listen to stereo with the sub?

Thanks.

------------------
dian