Hello All,
I can't believe that I just waded through most of this thread. IMHO there has been some great information, some marginal information, and just some crap. I'm back because I like the debate around here, and was bored. I wasn't disappointed.
Y'all spoke about qualifications. Well, I've been involved with Audio Engineering most of my life. Started with being raised by a great jazz musician and went to a degree from the University of Maryland in Audio Engineering, to employment by Disney, then many groups that you all know, 1000's of industrial shows, etc. In other words I've heard, been asked to review a lot of
equipment. I've done objective blind tests, and many more when i've just been asked what I liked. On this subject, I bought a new out-of-the-box Aragon Soundstage about two years ago with the promise that there would be an upgrade. My sojourn to the upgrade was long. It appears that my upgrade was if not a 'beta test' then close to it. My original version had a clocking error that caused the system to shut down after about ten minutes. Ultimately, through a ship-back of the piece to Klipsch/Aragon and many conversations with Adam at Mondial, I now have a very beautiful piece with 192khz/24 bit dac's, the Aurum Pre-amp, and all of the processing formats currently available.
Was it worth the cost/time? To me yes.
Caveat Emptor.
As Always,
Mix
And yes, I am an avid Outlaw Supporter. I've owned a 1050 and my entire system is supported by Outlaw cables.