So let me get this straight. JT has to prove why his prepro sounds better to him by digging up part numbers but you don't have to justify why the 950 is THE point in diminishing returns over 3k processors? All of this after he was very clear that everyone has different needs/diminishing return points.

I am certain that Ricky's NHT 3.3's are GOOD ENOUGH to hear any differences between the Stage One and 950. It is not like he had Bose 301's for the demo.

Now I can understand you not wanting rocks thrown at your 950 in a Outlaw forum. I don't think that was done. After months of claims there was no need to spend 3k on a preamp once the 950 hit the scene, you didn't think that caused a few raised eyebrows?

I am one of the biggest diminishing returns guys you will find but my point of DR may only be considered low-fi by some.

I am not a Ricky cheerleader but I did buy his Soundstage (replace Sony TA-E9000es and TA-P9000es). I only have NHT VT2's (fronts), VT1.2's (rears) and Sherbourn's 5/1500a amp. Ricky almost had to pry the Sony combo from my hands to even try the Soundstage but he knew my setup (NHT's and music preference in a 5.1 setup) and was sure I would like the preamp. He even sent the Soundstage before payment so I could A/B the setup and sell the loser. Different strokes for different folks I guess.