Quote:
Originally posted by JohnTompkins:

Your point of diminishing return for a pre-pro may be the 950 (thats fine, no argument)..but it isnt MY point of diminishing return nor others...

John:

Perhaps you would care to go into some detail of the circuity parts and implementation used on more expensive pre/pros verses the 950 that would justify the difference in cost? I really need an education on this - obviously the expensive brands are doing something with their NE5532 op amps that the 950 is not doing with it's NE5532 op amps.

Opinions are opinions, now would you please produce some engineering details that would make you believe that there is a large difference between the 950 and a more expensive one. And please don't use general terms like "its electronic design is better". Please back up any claims like "the power supply is better" with HOW it is better. "It just sounds better to me" is not a valid response to this question. And please don't cop out by simply giving me links to the "white papers" from the manufacturers of other pre/pros.

I am waiting.........

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited April 09, 2003).]