I just had some thoughts I would like to add to this post:

The way ears hear details can be influenced greatly by what your mind is thinking. If I want to feel that my system is providing me with a great soundstage, I listen for certain sound cues and go, "Wow, what a great soundstage." If I feel in the upgrade mood and think it might be time to "improve" my system, I listen again for certain sound cues and go, "Damn, I thought my soundstage was wider than that."

This could be why I take all reviews, wether by users or by magazine editors, as general indicators of if a product can function or not. If I find that more reviews provide favorable opinions of the product, I make an attempt to go listen to that product. If my ears percieve that they like it and it fits into my system, both with technical ability and being in my budget range, I buy it.

My main problems with Ricky's review are that all of his conclusions are based on factors that in no way can provide a unbiased view of the product. He is an owner of one of the products being compared which alone disqualifies this from being a fair review. Also, this review was posted on a forum run by the manufactuer of the product that his review basically states is inferior to similiar products on the market. This review works fine on a general forum but not here.

As I said before, these are just my .02 cents on this post. Take them as you will.