AGAssarsson,

Your arguments and comments just dont stack up. There were no claims made that the nhts are better then other speakers costing 3 times as much. Of course speakers have different characteristics and are most important along with room/placement etc, Heck my 10 year old son knows this. The sonic values of different speakers are usually explained in terms of sonics and yes, using words like warm,bright,harsh,smooth..and would you believe this (some ARE better then others!) wow thats a revelation..

A pre-pro may not have as much impact as speakers but it DOES have a major impact. The better your system is the easier you will detect the differences. I wouldnt put pep-boys tires on a lexus. If your happy with the 950, thats great!..but contrary to what the majority believe (not all though) on this forum, there ARE better sounding pre-pros out there..If I had the 950 and liked it, I would say so..also thats its a bargain at its price, I dam sure wouldnt make claims that it is the equal sonically to superior units..JUST like I dont claim my nhts match 10,000 dollar speakers..You can say two channel is not important to you, so you didnt take it into account or it has everything YOU need or looks arent important to you or whatever...thats fine, I have no problem with these statements, we all have to make choices that are best for us(my soundstage doesnt have dd-ex or dts-es)..Thats because my room is small and I would rather have pure sonics and thats my choice. I surely wont make the claim that the aragon will best theta, mc-12 or whatever as the difference is.. I know were My gear is at on the "food chain"..

[This message has been edited by JohnTompkins (edited April 09, 2003).]