various (great) musicians: 'celebrating the music of weather report'
james taylor: 'hourglass'
pink floyd: 'dark side of the moon'

dvd-a: yes: 'fragile'
[other folks can insert their favs here]

dts-cd: sting: 'brand new day'
alan parsons: 'on air'

dts music video: eagles: 'hell freezes over'

the titles are growing in number, with a lot of good titles arriving this year of stuff that's being written and produced for the formats. i agree about the first titles. i'm not much of a classical or acoustic jazz fan, but every collection has to start somewhere.

to clarify: i don't think stereo is worthless, just no comparison to a good hi-rez, multi disc. my point was that i wouldn't judge a multi-channel A/V pre very much by it's stereo ability. i know that many disagree, but i mentioned it to give some insight as to why i like the 950. it's superb for sacd/dvd-a, and has built-in BM for those formats. the price is the best-in-class...period. the warranty is the best-in-class, and it's solidly backed by a good company that listens to our comments and responds. this forum is the best-in-class.

i choose to wait for the next-generation...which is coming soon enough...rather than to pay 3-4 times the 950's price, only to find it's outdated in less than a year.

i still have every piece i ever bought, in excellent condition. i'm a patient guy, and time passes very quickly. i ain't a used equipment kind of guy.

truthfully, to me, the b&k, aragon, rotel, parasound, anthem, etc. class of pre is only worth $1500-1800. they're way overpriced, largely because the manufacturers know how short their lives are.

i understand where you're coming from, JT. to repeat, aragon is a great company that makes great products. so is outlaw audio. each product to a specific target, each of it's own time, each with it's own set of reasons to buy it. otherwise, there would be 1 company, 1 model.

and...belated welcome to the saloon, where the house drink is magaritas (by the pitcher).