I said I wouldnt respond but a couple of the last posts have actually been level-headed..

First, Thanks Boblinds for defending my beloved NHT's..there not the best speakers out there but I love their characteristics.

Bossobass,

You bring up some valid points about sacd etc. Ive had two sacd players (sony 555 and 775)..I really loved the sound but the problem was that the selection of music is just so small that I got frustrated everytime I went to tower records/best buy and saw nothing new. Maybe someday there will be more selections but I doubt it as Joe six-pack doesnt give a hoot. I currently have a dvd-audio player and am having the same frustration..

Secondly, you mention two channel as though it is worthless. I HIGHLY disagree. CD's for the most part do sound harsh etc. but there are some very well recorded ones out there. Also two channel for me is all about albums (yea thats right) the superior format and I would argue just as good as scad or dvd-audio in many cases. I picked up 500 albums for about 150 bucks, hell it took me 10 times more money to buy that amount of cds (I dont even want to mention the price of sacds)..To my ears, a good turtable setup in yes (two channel) can be unbeatable...Ive found the aragons bypass to be the best at getting out of the way then any pre-pro Ive had before (truly).Its built around the aragon arium (spelling ?)..which is a highly respected stereo pre..I agree thats theres better choices out there but keep in mind that imo the aragon makes an excellant stereo pre alone...Now dont get me wrong, I wouldnt mind getting a high end tube-pre someday either..Untill recently I didnt think you could get a ht processor that could double as a good stereo pre either (but I have since changed my mind)...You dont know what your missing if you never experience it and thats the main reason I try different equipment

I thought my denon 3801 sounded great never harsh etc...untill I tried the denon 4802..thought it couldnt be beat untill I tried the Lexicon..I KNEW it was the best....untill I heard the aragon...where will it go ? I dont know but it will be interesting. Being close-minded is an easier path but not as rewarding.

Wow!!,the only trade you'd make for the 950 would be for the mc-12 straightup ?...hmm, well to each his own I guess

[This message has been edited by JohnTompkins (edited April 08, 2003).]