“Some Outlaw lurkers probably don't have any issues with my review”
“but do want to take this opportunity to apologize for asking for comparison reviews”
Dear Cappy24. Don’t apologize. I don’t have any issue with Ricky’s posting a review, nor is this normal behavior in the Outlaw forum for those whom are new to browsing here. There ARE head to heads and comparisons discussed on this forum. Ricky got an unusually vigorous (and colorful) response because some longer term owners are very familiar with a handful of familiar names (like Ricky and John) whom after I assume peacefully being allowed their own RIGHT TO CHOOSE a product, - cannot tear themselves away from constantly refuting any positive reviews, discussions, or recommendations listed in any thread on the web which complements or recommends the 950. For some bizarre reason the 950 seems to engender much heated outrage from some posters, who rarely bother to comment on the multitude of other choices, owners are left in peace to purchase. The eye of the storm centers on Outlaws alleged reputation fostered by many of its purchasers when posting their opinions who had felt to their varying degree’s that Outlaw far exceeded its price bracketing in performance.
I feel, Ricky’s head to head was “not inappropriate” as I mentioned in my first post. It was a 950 in the demo.
My posts came after Ricky’s second posting in this thread. Presenting himself as a guest in a house. (we are all guests here). While telling all other guests to remove themselves to another location (the promotion of competitors products ie: his list of several alternatives recommendations, rather than any Outlaw product in an Outlaw forum).

but they don't want to post against the MOB Ricky follow my logic please. I am not a MOB. I am a strange ( ) individual female, who researched and deliberated and demoed and happenstance purchased a 950.
I deliberately and with malice of forethought CHOSE IT over other options. I entered the Outlaw Forum and Other Assorted Forums simultaneously. If after my personal journey through research, demo, I at this point capitulated to your desire to let you LEAD ME to a sonic upgrade. Thereupon I WOULD finally become a card-carrying member of a MOB. (Ricky’s Raiders).

And while I am sure you have admirable leadership capabilities, I being “too adventuresome to be briefly described” would make a very poor follower. You’d have insurrection, and mayhap the occasionally assassination attempt, and all sorts of messy bothersome activities to put down if you absorbed me into the Collective. Ricky, have you ever heard the saying “be careful what you wish for.”

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited April 08, 2003).]