I thought this was the "950 Feedback" forum, and my review was giving the Outlaws some feedback on how the 950 sounds (against the Stage One)

I made up the review? You wish. It is what it is. After 72 hours in my system, I wished the 950....sounded better (compared to the Aragon). The 950 actually doesn't look bad at all; the grey finish matches my Xbox and Hughes DSS.

In this hobby where many folks constanting research new brands and products and the upgrade process can be continuous, some of the Outlaw crowd seems to be fixated on one brand, and feel that the sonic limits stop with the 950. The flexiblity of separates means that most of you probably have 7 nice amp channels connected to the 950, and some of you will find it easy to move onto other prepros in the future. Then, you may echo the sonic *improvements* I described in my review, that's what happens when one upgrades. Some Outlaw lurkers probably don't have any issues with my review, but they don't want to post against the MOB.

Hurl all the personal insults you want. And attacking NHT 3.3s? If any posters or lurkers want to discuss my review or alternatives to the 950/amps in similiar price ranges, feel free to discuss on other forums there will be alot of other folks with various experiences across many brands (perhaps a forum that is not sponsored by Outlaw like avsforum). See ya around......

Phillip,

No specific referrals to what you wrote in my posts in this thread.

Cappy,

I know a dealer in Long Island (near you?) who sells both AT (ie, Outlaw 950 clone) and Sunfire (perhaps less than 3k for a demo Ultimate receiver?). If you want to contact him directly and discuss both products for your system, shoot me an email. The guy has dozens of positive reviews (as a seller and someone giving advice) on audiogon and audioasylum).

[This message has been edited by Ricky (edited April 08, 2003).]