Ricky, I bet your head is spinning. And yes you are right. You came into the Outlaw forum posting your disagreements with various Outlaw owner opinions of their 950. Since you stated you disbelieved owners who stated they preferred the 950 after comparing the 950 to other units (but not at home in their own system). It was pointed out to you during rebuttal, that you had never demeod a 950 at home in your own system. So you did, Then took flak…..very disconcerting. I’d agree.

Back to John, I am not saying that Ricky does not have integrity. Please… Rereading my post I note I did indicate that Ricky (from what he has told me) Is most definitely against the idea that any pre-pro priced less than more expensive pre-pros cannot feasible match a more expensive pre-pro therefore theoretically better built unit and set out to prove his “you get what you pay for” stance. He also has stated that he was offended by Outlaw owner’s even suggesting that it could equal a pre-pro which was 2-3 times as expensive. And that any attempt to prove this was a clear-cut case of ‘hype’. (Have I got that right Ricky?).

If Ricky is as prone to human foibles as I am. He chose to do a A/B to refute some posters who commented that he had been posting against a 950 for a year without ever demoing it in his own system….this comment was directed to him after he suggested that other posters who compared it very favorably to other units had not performed this test (950against other units) IN there own system, therefore their opinions were not valid. So he put up to shut up….very admirable that you spent more time to do this Ricky…you have stick-to-it-ness!

John, honestly yes, I do certainly feel it would be difficult for someone who was eaten up by a desire to convince others of his viewpoint since before 950’s were even available that he could 100% lay aside all closely held prejudices and pre-formed opinions during a A/B.

This does not invalidate his A/B to me I just weight it. Unlike our court system, which can often disallow pertinent information such as a client’s proclivity for repeated same offensive record being ruled inadmissible to the current jury. I do know Ricky’s and your own vocal history as regards the 950, before the product was even available. And I WILL down score his particular A/B knowing that history. My right, just as it your right to ‘trust’ his opinion.

If that stance is outrageous to you, I feel it is purely commonsense. When I first came into to Outlaw, I factored that I was in ‘home territory’ for owners and took points off of what I read while in Outlaw and additionally what I read when in Club Rotel, Argonost, even AVS if it was an owner dominated thread.
Just my method of gathering opinion and rating +/- for bias. I do this in an attempt to find a balanced middle ground between the extreme positive and negative information readily available on the web on products whenever I research a purchase.

If I felt threatened by all the owners of other products who state: “I have concluded My A sounds better than B/C/D product”, and found these opposing reviews and posts intolerable and misinformed -then I guess I’d go hang out in threads which are posted concerning the other products, to prove my B is better than their A. I don’t. I just hang out at my own campfire where I’m a happy camper, conversing with other happy and sometimes confused fellow campers and wishing the constant rain of other owners who appear very worried about the “rightness” of their own purchase when compared to mine….would let up now and then, so I can roast my marshmallow.

And John, please note. I am only commenting and do not feel ‘out of line’ at all as regards the poor judgement of coming into a Company owned forum, selling competitors products.

If I was Mac, I would not allow you to set up a HP booth in my lobby, I’d tell you to go rent your own Office space.

congrats AGAssarsson!!

PS. Same time posting very nicly stated Pleary! I'm going to 'put it to bed now' buy a raincoat, and dance down the road.

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited April 07, 2003).]