Quote:
The Outlaw 950 is a good performer at its price point...

This must be the understatement of the century. If you really want to compare on price point, take the 950/7100 combo ($1700 new) and compare it to anything else you can find new for $1700.

Quote:
...a Lexicon DC2/MC1 (going for 1200-1900 used) would beat it in surround processing, flexibility, Logic7 soundfields, and detail

For $5-6K new, one certainly hopes that the Lexicons would beat a $900 pre/pro.

And finally, while I hate to perpetuate a topic that's way past its bed time, I would like to offer a general observation related to how well the 950 competes with other pre/pros that cost 2-n times more: Outlaw offers a really great way to decide for yourself whether its fact or just marketing bulls**t -- buy it and try it. If you don't like it, Outlaw will refund the cost of the 950 AND shipping. Because of that, and notwithstanding the usefulness of sharing subjective reviews in a forum like this, it seems pointless for the "950 vs. the world" debate to rage on, fueled as it is by the angst that some have carried over from other forums and threads.

For those of you who prefer the Aragon, Lexicon, Meridian, B&K, Anthem, Theta or Pioneer processors, that's fine with me. However, please don't condescend to explain the particulars of how each unit is supposedly superior to the 950 according to your pet criteria. There are so many things that conspire to shape our perceptions of these products that it seems foolish to become tediously dogmatic in the way that we share our opinions of them.