I happen to own an Aragon amp (which I use for front channels with my 950) and it is superb. As a result, the Stage One is one of the few pre/pros about which I have a burning curiosity.

Nonetheless, I would be delighted to see Ricky go elsewhere to share his thoughts, perhaps another HT forum that is not product-specific. (I don't remember seeing Ricky's "A vs B demo" appearing on the Klipsch/Aragon forum. Why post on this corporate forum and not the other?)

His unsolicited, self-prompted and self-described "A vs B demo" -- which is really more like stream of consciousness notes for a proper product comparison -- just doesn't fit here.

Stepping in with this sudden whatever-he-wrote on two pre/pros at utterly different price points -- something no responsible REAL writer would ever do -- is like being a bad guest at a party who insists on donning a lampshade and yelling out his conversation topics regardless of what the rest of the guests want to discuss. It's a pretty unpleasant personality trait.

And don't think I have an axe to grind with Ricky. I'm just writing up an "A vs B demo" of appropriate and inappropriate behavior "which I've done many times on many different products."

[This message has been edited by boblinds (edited April 07, 2003).]