I'm not sure why this would be occuring, but I've got two questions to look for an answer. First, are you using the digital audio output from the DVD player or the 5.1 analog output? (I'd expect that it's the digital, with the 1050 handling the bass management, but since you mentioned that the problem recurs when you shut down the DVD player I thought I'd check.) Second, how do you have the Acoustimass speakers hooked up? At one time, I had an Acoustimass 7 system that is similar to the AM10, and it required the speaker cables to route through the bass module before going to the satellites - if yours is set up that way, you might try changing up the wiring so that the center cube is directly connected to the 1050 to see if there's something odd going on inside the bass module. (As an aside, do you have a separate sub with this system? I ask because you had the center set to small and the Acoustimass systems I've seen typically would lend themselves to being run large without a dedicated sub.)

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links