Dale- If you have a slab floor, believe me, you will be getting a lot of reflected sound off of the floor.

Yes- I think! I.e., if you have all large and no sub in the player, that will *not* affect the digital feed from the player to the 950. But you are effectively eliminating the LFE portion from the analog output from the player to the 950. Actually, let me ammend this: Players are supposed to redirect the LFE to the mains with all large and no sub, but for whatever reason, neither the Denon or the Pioneer *universal* players do this *for SACD/DVD-A* sources. I actually don't know if this works or not for DD/DTS type sources.

I personally did not check to see if there was any change in the phase relationship after I upgraded my EEPROM. I think Scott said there were no changes, and it does sound like you are testing correctly, but again, I don't know if your results would change if you hooked up the LFE line from the player to the 950.

Some people have said that this may depend on an individual's setup, but try as I might, if you have the sub in phase, and all the distances correct in the 950, everyone's 950 should act the same way.

Here's a thought though. The estimate for the phase difference is 180 deg. I have a variable phase knob on my sub, so I can get my sub in perfect phase with the mains. If you only have a 180 deg phase *switch*, that means that you cannot get perfect phase. So if it's 90 deg out, and then with the 950's crossover difference, it would go to 270 deg out, and you actually wouldn't hear a difference in that case either. The other issue, is that I believe that the Chesky's phase test is not just between the mains and the sub. I believe that it send information to all 5 of the 5.1 channels in addition to the sub. So maybe in your case, even with the phase difference in the 950, you still have a majority of channels in phase in the digital case *and* in the analog case too, so again, no audible difference. Maybe BoB or SH can think about this, because my brain hurts now...

That's why I can always fall back on the discrete test tone CD test that I did. That only tests for phase of a 2.0 signal that is crossed over to the sub. Mains and sub only. I never really worried about the phase of the center and surrounds/rears, because I listen to more 2 ch music.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!