Mine did it with 2 different test discs. Chesky Ultimate DVD-A disc (has really good phase tests among other good tests), and you can also observe it with a simple discrete test tone CD. Play a tone at or near the crossover freq, then compare SPL measurements from the front 2 channels of the 6 ch input, vs a 2 ch input that is digitized. A couple of buddies of mine suggested it's due to the extra delay (i.e., processing) involved with the digital side and the crossing over of the mains to the sub. Not the same, but maybe the same, a dude on HTF spotted the same effect when using the ICBM with a Denon receiver. When one was in phase (digital or analog), the other was out.

Personally, I don't feel that listening to actual material necessarily reveals it on all systems. Not unless you specifically put the sub out of phase 1st so it's apparent what the effect is. You should know what to listen for 1st, to make it easier to tell betweeen 2 unknown signals.

[This message has been edited by Kevin C Brown (edited June 30, 2003).]

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!