All of my measurements are at the listening position. (Finally got a tripod last year, so not even dependent on my left arm for holding it in the same spot! )

It *is* hard to explain the *more* out of phase result for DVD-A and the Chesky disc test, except that I am guessing that the test tone is sent to all 5 main speakers and then compared to either info that is crossed over to the sub from the 5, or a specific LFE signal sent there.

Also, on my system, the difference between in phase and out of phase is night and day. There is a specific music test for this also on the Chesky disc. Bass guitar notes. In phase, you can feel the rumble. Out of phase, you hear the notes, but no rumble. Same-o even when I play the Get Yer Ya Ya's Out SACD by the Stones. You wouldn't think that there's a lot of lower freq content on a disc like this, but there's enough that the difference is easily apparant.

The EFT software has phase stuff in it, I'll take a look and see if there's anything relevant.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!