SoP- Well, the 47ai is *advertised* at least to have time management for DVD-A, but not for SACD. The 47ai *is* different than the 47a, because the 47a had no BM for DVD-A, whereas the 47ai does at least have it for 2.0 DVD-A. (Not for 4.0 DVD-A, and 5.1 DVD-A is unknown; hard to test for.)

It actually *does* make more sense if the 47ai does have time alignment for DVD-A. Because then my question above comes into play: the distance setting in the 47ai for time alignment there, vs the sub's phase knob for DD/DTS/CD because the 950 *doesn't* have a sub distance setting (which also *affects* 6 ch bypass).

Just because I'm curious about this little tidbit now, I'll do some testing over the weekend and post the results. I'll try to get more accurate distance measurements too (up until now, I just kind of "eyeball" it: 6 ft to center channel, 8 ft to mains, 9 ft to sub, etc). And, I'll try to get to the "acoustic center" too, not just the closest part of the enclosure to the seating position.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!