[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kevin C Brown:
[B]BoB- I'm not buying it.

Plus, the test disc is a DVD-A disc, which the player *does* do time alignment for anyway. So time alignment is being done in the player for DVD-A, and in the 950 for CD/DD/DTS.

KCB:,
Are you sure about this? Depending on your player's internal management, you may not be getting what you think. Most of the players have no, or incomplete management. For instance the Pioneer DV47/DV47ai and their clones for SACD only do bass management but no time alignment, and just the reverse for
DVD-Audio,time alignment but no bass management. There are some players that do no time alignment for DVD-Audio.
And there is another strange phenomenon I've notice that I can't explain. My subwoffer is on the left side of my sofa, used like a table. When I do the bass tests, both in-phase and out-of-phase for BOTH dvd-Audio and Dolby Digital tests are equal in level when I sit on my sofa. But, if I set on the floor, equi-distant from the sub and the left front speaker,the in-phase is louder for BOTH DVD-Audio and Dolby Digital. So I think that somehow sub position, your position, time alignment, and room nulls all have something to do with this.
Again.........it would be nice to hear something from the Outlaw engineers on this......HINT! HINT!
Is anyone there listening Scoot????