BoB- I'm not buying it.

The reason why, is that my sub is immediately to the left of my left main speaker. The left and right's themselves are identical distances from my listening position. (About 8 ft for the mains, and maybe 9.5 for my sub.) 1.5 ft isn't enough to explain the difference I get. At 80 Hz, it would have to be about 6.8 ft or so. (1/2 the 80 Hz wavelength.)

Plus, the test disc is a DVD-A disc, which the player *does* do time alignment for anyway. So time alignment is being done in the player for DVD-A, and in the 950 for CD/DD/DTS. I still get the phase difference. Distances in the 950 are set identically to the player (except for the sub, which the 950 doesn't have).

OK, but now that I think about it, here's a question: I use the variable knob phase control on my sub to dial in the "phase" (i.e., time alignment) for DD/CD/DTS because the 950 does not have a distance setting for the sub. So maybe in the player, I should set the distance to the mains and sub as the same? (Because it's already compensated for?) *That* makes sense, but again the problem is that I only have 1 ft difference in the player for the mains and sub distance.

??

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!