Quote:
Originally posted by bossobass:

if KCB had said his test revealed a 180 degree shift, i would lean toward the analog crossover as the problem and the switch flipping cure.

the 'possible' scenario i offered IS electrical (with delay, without delay)...not placement...as the problem. placement is a way to test the theory.

in repeating kevin's test, i found the phase difference (less difference than kevin's). i have 2 subs. i placed them equidistant with the front 3 speakers and the difference was reduced.

anyone is free to tell me why that is.

Sorry about the double post.

Haven't been here for a while due to looking for work (was laid off in Oct...still looking)

I think Bossobase DOES have the right idea here. When this "problem" originally was reported by KCB, I took the Chesky test DVD-A, and compared the DVD-A tracks (using the 6CH analog pass-throughs with bass summing on), to the Dolby Digital tracks using the 950's decoder and found NO phase difference.
KCB subsequently got the Chesky disc, did the same test, and STILL got a phase difference. I just went back last night ans checked it again, and still have NO PHASE DIFFERENCE.
I have all my speakers set at the same distance in the 950. In my player, I have all the speakers set to the same distance, EXCEPT the subwoofer, which is closer than all the other speakers (the player, a Pioneer DV47ai a sub distance whereas the 950 doesn't). Maybe this is why I DON'T have a phase difference.
Outlaws/Scott, could you please clear this up for us?
If there is a problem, it could be fixed at the same time as the DTS-ES problem.