Hun- I guess a slightly better way of putting this is: If you adjust the mains to be in phase with the sub with DD/DTS/CD digital signals with the digital crossover in the 950, then it will be out of phase using the 6 ch input and the 80 Hz analog crossover. I just see this as an example of the $899 price. I just change to the inverse polarity input on my sub when I play DVD-A and SACD material.

Oh yeah, a strange observation. I have a std and inverse input on my sub, along with a variable phase knob. For me, it is easier to just switch from the std to the inverse input. OK, so I bought an A/B switch to do this. Now, the A/B switch is really supposed to be for switching between 2 components input into one input. So I'm kind of using it in reverse: 1 component to switch between 2 outputs.

When I hooked everything up, the position of the switch didn't matter! Instead of easily seeing in phase vs out of phase signals between both positions of the switch, I got no difference at all. Either a bad switch (but something like this is so easy, that that doesn't really make sense), or I'm not understanding how one of these guys operate. Never did get motivated enough to open it and take a look at the wiring. I have another kind of A/B/C switch now someday I will try...
(Position C for no sub, for 2 ch bypass where the 950 also sums the bass to the sub if the speakers are set to small.)

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!