Thanks Chris, I set the 950 to 6.1 and you have now given me the bug!
No - thats wrong, you just showed me that I already had it!
Guess it would be unusual for me to be one of the few that don't have this fault.
Giant Kudos to Outlaw though for their attention to solving this, and their well documented amazing service after the purchase. This level of service and this forum are the reasons I went with Outlaw, and I could not be happier.
That is, other than the fact that all too often these days it appears that we consumers are buying products that are hardware/software based and are released without a complete test. Microsoft springs to mind at a great rate of speed. I know manufacturers sometimes have to replace a part along the way on the production line with one that is supposedly identical, but at that stage the product becomes an unproven entity.
Every item I bring home these days must be put through the wringer to see if it actually does all it is supposed to. A very high percentage fail !
Example, my Pioneer DV45A is awaiting replacement because when I finally purchased a couple of DVDA's, it would not play them!
Maybe this is the price we pay for not being able to afford the very best of everything !
Do people that can afford a garage full of Ferraris have these problems ?

Quote:
Originally posted by chris3g:
That is absolutely the case. You must set the 950 to 6 or 7 speaker mode or else it will default to standard DTS. I'm sure you will find that you have the bug once you get everything configured properly.