That is absolutely the case. You must set the 950 to 6 or 7 speaker mode or else it will default to standard DTS. I'm sure you will find that you have the bug once you get everything configured properly.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi:
Oh great, now i have to redo this !
Just kidding, I actually do flip the recombine switch on for movies that are radical, and off for everything else.
I need to retest anyway, as I'm thinking about something else I read about in one of the postings. Before I do retest though, what are your thoughts on this:
DTS-ES is a 6.1 enhanced surround format correct? Now,in my case, I have but 5.1 speakers and only these enabled in the 950. Am I correct in now assuming that even when I select the DTS-ES track within the discs menu, the 950 will only give me DTS ?
What makes me think this is that the 950 briefly displays DTS-ES when I select it, but then the display flips back to DTS. DTS-ES does not remain on the display as I believe it should. If this is actually happening, then my test result from yesterday is flawed !
I believe I must reset the 950 to 6.1 to fool it into thinking i have the extra surround and retest ??
And now I read about another wrench in the works, Center channel not redirecting bass frequencies - Man this all starting to sound like a Microsoft scenario: the-public-is-our-research-and-development-program philosophy!