I am sidetracked by a new pursuit for the month and just now dragged out 2 DTS-ES I own. Glad. & CastA. I'm assuming LFE is either ON/OFF if you have the bug? Not simply reduced output from my sub, requiring closer observation with my SPL? I've got LFE on one of my 950's in DTS-ES.

Edit: after paying attention, Could not remember without dragging out the manual where to turn speakers (OFF), without unplugging the connects. Just left them on with sub trim boosted and rechecked after spotting the large/small parameters of Kevin’s laid out simple test.

With sub on, all speakers (small) I have LFE in DTS-ES. When sub is on, only mains (large) reduced LFE. When sub is on, all speakers (large), No LFE.

Did not notice the large/small effect prior since I normally leave speakers defaulted to small, (because the guys don’t think to change that. (a protective action on my part towards my Beethoven’s. SO if they boost sub trim 100% when I’m not around they won’t be stressing my speakers as badly when additionally they also roll up the dB, and I’m not here to monitor).

I do have the bug? Only exhibits when speakers (large).
Edit again: Sorry should be reaaaadng instead of skimming. My summed bass below CO's is what I'm hearing while speakers are set to small. So thats why no LFE in large, which then glaringly displays the lack of .1 being processed.

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited March 30, 2003).]