Hopefully, they will have tested to see if there was still no LFE information being sent to the sub when the speakers are in the SMALL mode.

The re-routing of bass from the other speakers could potentially fool you into thinking you were getting ALL the bass information on the DTS track.

Hopefully, everything will be rosie on this new E-PROM and will contain this fix as well as all of the revisions so far.

Yup, I still feel that the R&D money could have been better used for a serial upgrade port and flashable chips with more memory for more features (Anthem AVM-20 style) than a mediocre radio tuner. But, we all know about hindsight.

As for opening the case and swapping out the chip, it looks like it would be as easy as my old Millennium 2.4.6 DTS decoder, which I had to upgrade similarly to accept DTS DVDs (although, that took both an E-PROM and a new Motorola processor chip swap-- luckily both were socketed). The socket (from the pictures of the inside guts) looks to be in plain view and accessible without too much fuss.

Dan

[This message has been edited by Dan Hitchman (edited March 18, 2003).]