well, i finally got home from the mid east. ordered the 950 while in kuwait. so far...it's all good. i have eliminated all my little switch boxes from the video side and woo and behold...in mintes got the 950 to control each device...dish (sat)unit, svhs recorder, dvd system...but i can't get it to run my turntable! oops..no ird on that one.
i gotta admit...this thing is replacing a 3k tube pre-amp(ARC) and so far i've nothing but a grin on me face. for surround i'd been using my own hand built hafler-type thing with a few mods. heck it fooled a lotta people. gotta get a few more interconnects for the dvd/A unit tho. only have one disc for that so no hurry (using digi out). i have been looking at a few other models for the past few years and held of cause of the price thing (my hafler/pro-logic cost me about 5 bucks to build). at 800 bucks this thing smokes, nothing else is even close at twice the price (and more). i am an engineer and i must say...these guys is good!
to close...i am switching all vid thru the 's' i/o's. no problem at tall in that dept. i was a little worried ... using 12ft.(!) cables from sat and vcr...but only lost a little sharpness..fixed that w/ the tv sharpness adjust. with 30 years in video and other areas i have found most people mis-adjust Everything and then complain. a tv must be viewed from a lot farthur away than most realize. only say all this from reading comments about it on some earlier BB.
must stop...warren zevon calls me.
i'd like to lastly say, "thanks outlaw, now can you come up with something for my Harley?"

------------------